"NEWFIE" STORE IN EDMONTON
d***@gmail.com
2017-04-17 06:31:07 UTC
You must be a townie me son! Cause no one from around the bay cares about being called a newfie! Including me who is the proudest to be called one!

Darten
o***@gmail.com
2018-09-04 22:55:09 UTC
I received a rather scathing message today regarding my posting about
Edmonton's relatively new "Newfie" Store. Apparently, some people out
there (you know who you are) are extremely offended by the use of the
"Newfie" label.
Without passing judgment on the criticism received - except to say that
offensiveness is a concern that should always be legitimately addressed -
let me say that I had no intention to offer any derrogatory description
to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador. "Newfie Store" is, indeed,
the name of the store in question. It offers a taste of Newfoundland and
Labrador out here in the middle of prairie land.
Perhaps next time it just won't be worth doing my good deed for the day...
(For those of you who missed the first message, the store is located at
101 Ave. and approx. 76 Street in Edmonton.)
G.W. Maday
Law '97
University of Alberta